I’ve always liked the color brown. As a matter of fact, Chocolate Brown was one of my wedding colors. The thing is, I never saw brown as an attractive ink for writing. It just seemed a bit too drab for me. I usually prefer bright blues and purples. However, I have recently become absolutely enraptured by brown inks. It all started with MB Toffee Brown, and it’s pretty much been all go since then.
Noodler’s #41 Brown is one of my absolute favorite inks, and my favorite brown ink, along with MB Toffee Brown of course. It is a rich and deep dark brown. There is a certain warmth about it, but I don’t really see it leaning toward any other color. It’s just dark brown, and a bulletproof one at that!
This ink is amazingly well-behaved.
- There is no feathering or bleed through.
- The flow and lubrication are simply amazing.
- The drying time is a bit slow, but not terrible at 10 seconds.
- It actually manages to shade a little depending on the paper.
- It’s bulletproof! In the water test I had a little ink run off, but it was only in the areas where the ink could not bind with the cellulose. That Plumpster is a rather wet writer.
- For a bulletproof ink, the smell isn’t as chemically as most of the others.
***Now, a word about the writing samples. I just got a new All-in-One printer. It has a very good scanner. The pictures below are my first scanned writing samples. They were scanned at 600dpi. Please let me know what you think. I quite like the results.***
Since I’ve got a scanner I can also include the review sheet. I actually have one of these for every ink I’ve reviewed, I just could never get a good picture of it. Click it to view a larger size.