Noodler’s La Reine Mauve, what a fantastic purple ink!
I love this color. I have no idea what took me so long to buy a bottle of it. LRM is a rich, deep, dark purple, and it’s waterproof to boot! What more can a purple lover like me ask for? I’ve been using it everyday for over a month now, and I’m still just as in love with it as I was when I first got it. I highly recommend this ink. It is a win for Noodler’s I assure you.
This ink is quite well behaved. Like all other Noodler’s Eternal/Bulletproof/Warden’s ink lines it will require a little higher maintenance, but nothing beyond an extra rinse here and there. It is quite fast drying, and it can be a hard starter if you leave your pen uncapped. Still, I haven’t had much trouble getting the ink flowing again. It just takes a couple strokes and I’m back in business.
Now, one of the things I really don’t like about this ink is the price. It is about $13 for only 1 ounce of ink. Noodler’s regular like runs about $12 for 3 times as much ink.
- No feathering or bleeding on good quality paper. Can bleed a little on light weight/poor quality papers.
- Excellent flow (can be a hard starter if the pen is left uncapped) and average to very good lubrication
- Dries very quickly.
- No shading whatsoever.
- Completely waterproof. This is a Noodler’s eternal ink.
- This ink has a strong chemical smell to it. If you use Noodler’s inks you are very familiar with the smell.
- Finally, I do experience a bit of line bloat with this ink (same with its cousins Fox Red and Hunter Green).
(click to enlarge and sharpen the image)