I waited longer than most FP enthusiasts to try this ink. I don’t know why really as dusky purples are some of my favorite inks. Let me tell you this ink does not disappoint. It is gorgeous and quite well behaved.
- I’d describe this color as a dusky mauve. In a very wet writer and when used on a very absorbent paper, it can be quite deep and dark. It can even look black at times.
- It does not bleed through or feather. I find it quite tolerant of most papers, even those of poor quality.
- The flow and lubrication are excellent. It really makes for a smooth writing experience.
- The drying time is a little longer than I expected at 13 seconds, but I was using a very wet writer and these note card do have longer drying times. Still, I expected it to be faster.
- The shading is good, but not as pronounced as some other dusky purples I have (namely Diamine Amazing Amethyst).
- Now for the most surprising thing about this ink… THE WATER RESISTANCE IS EXCELLENT!!! In a water droplet test (drop water on the page, leave to sit for a couple minutes, soak the water up with a paper towel) this ink barely lost any color and remained perfectly legible! More extensive tests are needed, but I am very happy with these findings!!