I can’t believe I haven’t put this review up yet. Visconti Blue is HANDS DOWN my favorite straight blue ink. It is one of only 2 inks in my collection that I will replace once this bottle is used up. Fantastic.
- Visconti Blue is a Medium Dark straight blue. It does not lean green or red or anything else. It’s just blue. What sets it apart is the vibrancy of it. It jumps off the page at you, but not enough to be offensive. I see this is the perfect professional ink.
- There is no bleeding or feathering. It actually performs fairly well on cheap copy paper, which is always a plus.
- Flow and lubrication of this ink is just perfection so far as I am concerned. All of my pens love this ink. Very wet writing and saturated.
- The drying time is also a bit better than average at just under 5 secs. I’ve never had any smudging issue with it.
- You aren’t really going to find any shading here, but for this ink I don’t care.
- It stands up pretty well to the odd water spill (speaking from experience there ). The writing remains quite legible though some of the blue does wash away.
All in all this is a fantastic blue and a mainstay in my collection.