I only have one bottle of black ink in my possession and this is it. I’m not a big fan of black ink. In fact, I just about never use it, but I purchased this bottle for two reasons: 1) I think everyone should have at least on bottle of black ink and 2) It was less than $5.
What’s interesting is that I actually kinda like this ink. It’s dryish without feeling the part, its got some decent water resistance, and it works well with dip pens.
- No feathering or bleed through
- Decent flow and lubrication, but it is a bit on the dry side.
- Average drying time at 6 seconds
- Very little shading. This isn’t the blackest of black inks, but it is plenty dark.
- Very good water resistance
All in all, not a bad way to spend $5!
Note: Cross Black is the same as Pelikan Brilliant Black.
(click to enlarge and sharpen the image)