Hello all! I just got a new monitor. I’ve been messing around with the color calibration. I think I’ve got it right, but I’m not all the way sure. If my scans start looking really off please let me know. This has been really frustrating!
Up today is Diamine Saddle Brown. This is one of my favorite brown inks. To me, it is a true medium brown with very slight reddish undertones. It doesn’t lean heavily one direction or the other. It’s also quite well-behaved with a little water resistance as well.
This is the ink I chose for my first fill of my newest pen: the Pilot Custom 823 in Amber with a Medium nib. These two inks love each other!
- Minimal to no feathering depending on the paper.
- No bleeding.
- Good flow and lubrication.
- Average drying time at 5ish seconds.
- Very good shading on coated papers like Rhodia. Otherwise, there isn’t a whole lot of shading.
- Not waterproof, but it is resistant. See image below.
(click to sharpen and enlarge the image)
This ink was sent to me for review by the good folks at Diamine. I am not otherwise affiliated with them.